Saturday, December 16, 2006

School's Out!


Winter break has officially started here in good old Missouri, so I'll be spending a lot of time working and drawing! My goal is to get the next issue of Skin Deep drawn out. That will be fun. I hope I can stick to my guns.

I posted this over at my deviantart account, but I'm doing dirt cheap sketch commissions for somewhere near 5 bucks a character. That's dirt cheap, ladies and gents. And especially since paypal takes money for every transaction I won't even be getting that whole 5 bucks. AND YET I AM STILL DOING THIS SPECIAL HOLIDAY DEAL. That's Christmas for you. I give and I give because I care.

I usually put pictures up of what I've been drawing lately but I haven't drawn or scanned anything for awhile since it's been finals week and what I have drawn has been pretty lousey, but here's a photograph of my roommate and I in our respective fudd-duddy hats. Hers keeps showing mine up. Jerk.

edit: I went trolling through Webcomics Nation, where my comic is hosted, and discovered that there is a "supernatural/magic" category. That might fit Skin Deep more appropriately (it was originally categorized as 'Fantasy', but it was up with a bunch of Lord of the Rings-esque comics and I don't really think it belongs there), so I moved it there. Plus there's only one other series floating around that category, so who knows, I might get more noticed. Or maybe it really does belong in fantasy. How do you classify a comic about modern day mythical creatures? It's kind of Harry Potter-y. Maybe there should be a Harry Potter-y category.

No comments: