Thursday, December 28, 2006

I made a skirt!


Awhile ago I went to a vintage/thrift/second hand store in Columbia and saw a skirt made from old t-shirts. "Now," says I, "I have a lot of huge tshirts that I will never ever wear just sitting in my closet because I don't have the heart to throw them away. I need to make me a skirt."

My mother is a wonderful seamstress and I set out a set of old t-shirts I would never wear but still liked and a couple pairs of pants that no longer fit me and scuttled off back to college for a few months. When I returned my mother had made me a skirt from the tshirts, but it just wasn't quite right. I told her more of what I wanted and sat on my bed coloring the character sheet from the previous post and listening to the London Symphony Orchestra perform the Who's Tommy while she farted around on the sewing machine next to me. "How about this?" she said as she presented me with my new skirt.

The moral of the story is my mother can make just about anything, including figure out what I want from a jumbled mess of words thrown at her.

Speaking of which, she has an Etsy site now!. You should check it out. sherrybingaman.etsy.com.

No comments: