Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Skin Deep goes live on Turkey Day!



Stay tuned to www.skindeepcomic.com, because this Thanksgiving my comic project of over 6 years is finally realized with regular updates on Tuesday and Thursday!

I created the premise for Skin Deep back in High School. Before then most of my time was taken up by doodling characters I created over and over and over again. I needed something to do with them, but what? Create a story for them, of course. These weren't normal people, though, they were mythical creatures. How do I explain that? I created a premise and built upon that premise and worked out the logistics of the world I was creating. Questions would come up and I would answer them, expanding the world, creating rules and expanding the characters and their families until I came up with years worth of story and 60 plus developed characters. In 2002 when I was a Junior in High School I made my first attempt at creating a comic involving these characters. I was never happy with the script or confident enough in my drawing or comic-making skills to ever finally start it, however. When I started college in 2003 I decided to try again, but I again hit a wall because I didn't know what I was doing and I was too afraid to step outside my comfort zone. This starting and stopping and working and reworking went on until Christmas of 2005 when I finally decided 'To Hell With It!" and just started it. So what if I don't know what I'm doing! I'll learn!

And the first issue finally goes live on Thanksgiving. It's as much of a learning experience as anything, and I hope all the work and love I've put into it shows through.

I hope you all have as much fun reading it as I had making it!

No comments: