Thursday, February 14, 2008

Worst updater ever

So I kind of blow at updating this journal. Let's try to keep it together Kory, hmm? The voting on Threadless is over and I got a pretty fair score of 2.8 out of 5. So now it's up to the Threadless Gods to see if my shirt gets printed or not!

I've been chillin' for the past two weeks, takin' a break from my comic and all. I have been doodling though, check out this page of brain explosions.

I wish I could make sketchbook pages that look like this more often. Most of the time they're just ugly pencil drawings that get mushed nearly immediately.

Has anyone ever sold stuff on Amazon.com? I tell you, it is the way to go. I went home last weekend and got all the CDs that had been rotting in a box since I started college five years ago and put them all up for sale. Man it is super easy and you get so much more cash than if you just drop them all off at a CD Warehouse or something. I highly recommend it for anyone who has a bunch of crap they want to get rid of.

It's hard, though, because I am an awful packrat. Someone bought my Magical Mystery Tour CD, and I got it to put into a bag and all the memories I had associated with the album were just screaming "NO DON'T SELL ME." I bought it during the best of my spontaneous road trips I took when I was in High School. We decided to drive to Kansas and it took all day through squirrely backroads to get there. We ended up in an antique mall in Harrisonville, where I bought this album. They had a big double-decker bus advertising a Beatles Tribute Band. I thought it was a neat set of coincidences to be buying the Beatles in a town named Harrison-ville where a Beatles Tribue Band was also performing. We listened to the album through the trip while making up crude lyrics to Penny Lane. It was a good time. I feel a little sad selling the thing, even though I haven't even looked at the CD in five years since I ripped the music to my computer.

No comments: